- Garbage must be placed curbside by 6:00 AM of your scheduled day
- Residents must use the Peters Township issued 95-gallon trash container for garbage services.
- Bag all trash to prevent litter and debris in your neighborhood.
- The cost for garbage and recycling collection is $70.00 per Year Quarter (every 3 months). Bills are sent out by Jordan Tax Service via the mail. With any billing questions or concerns, please contact Jordan Tax Service .
What is My Scheduled Garbage Pickup Day?
New residents should contact Jordan Tax Service (724-731-2300) to set up garbage/recycling billing for their property. Each property should have one garbage cart and one recycling cart. If you are missing a garbage or recycling cart, call the Municipal Building (724-941-4180).
For missed garbage or recycling collection, please call the Township Municipal Building at 724-941-4180. Township staff will contact Waste Management to resolve the issue.
- When Waste Management observes a holiday, there is no garbage or recycling service on the holiday itself. In addition, collection is delayed by one day for the remainder of that week.
- The 2022 holidays that will cause a delay are listed below:
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 30, 2022 - All streets delayed by one day
- Independence Day - Sunday, July 4, 2022 - All streets delayed by one day
- Labor Day - Monday, September 5, 2022 - All streets delayed by one day
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 24, 2022 - Thursday streets delayed by one day
- The 2022 holidays that will not cause a day are listed below:
- New Year's Day - Saturday January 1, 2022 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Saturday
- Dr. Martin Luther King Day - Monday, January 17, 2022 - No delay; not a Waste Management Observed Holiday
- President's Day - Monday, February 21, 2022 - No delay; not a Waste Management Observed Holiday
- Christmas Day - Saturday, December 25, 2022 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Saturday
Broken Garbage or Recycling Cart
If your cart is damaged, please contact the Peters Township Municipal Building at 724-941-4180, and we will scheduled a repair date for Waste Management to repair the cart.
Items That Will Not Be Collected Curbside
- Electronics (Electronics will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.)
- Household Hazardous Waste (Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.)
- Large Volumes of Construction Material
- Tree Waste
- Gravel, Bricks, Sod, Dirt, Mulch
- Automobile Parts
- Flammable Liquids
- Propane Tanks
- Riding Lawn Mowers
Electronics & Household Hazardous Waste
Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.