Located at 560 Center Church Road, Peters Lake Park was acquired by Peters Township in 1996. The 189 acre site contains rolling topography and is part of a stream valley, typical of Western Pennsylvania terrain, heavily wooded with second generation timber, probably planted in the 1930s as part of the construction of the earthen dam and lake. The land for the reservoir was purchased in 1931 by the Pennsylvania - American Water Company to provide clean drinking water to the area. The Township has developed the land minimally since its purchase. The Park will be maintained as a passive Recreation Area.