Inside the Department
The mission of the Peters Township Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in Peters Township by working in partnership with our community to enforce the law, preserve peace, reduce fear, and maintain order. The Department is committed to accomplishing this mission through the protection of life and property, for all citizens, by treating every citizen with courtesy, professionalism, and respect while enforcing the laws impartially, fighting crime through deterrence, and the relentless pursuit of criminals.
Peters Township Police Department provides citizens with more than just crime prevention. The Township Police Department takes an active role in our community by providing services beyond criminal investigations. Public Safety is a concert for these officers. The Police Department is active in the D.A.R.E. Program and offers several safety programs for residents. There are also services that the Police Department can provide such as Vacation Home Checks and bicycle safety.
The Peters Township Police Department serves the Township in more ways than one. Below are some of the programs that the Department offers to residents.
- The Vacation Home Check Form is available online to fill out and send back. When your family is planning to be out of town for a period of time, filling out a vacation form will inform the Police of your absence. On duty personnel will provide extra patrol of the area time permitting.
- Fatal Vision Goggles are available to try out at the Police Station. The goggles simulate being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Taking a stroll down the hallway with the goggles, individuals can experience how drugs and alcohol can affect their abilities.
- Bicycle Safety is taught at all Township Elementary Schools with Kindergarten through Third Graders. The children are taught about riding on the road, safety for themselves as well as others, protection from theft of a bicycle, and inspection of their bikes.
- IdentiKid Program is a fingerprinting program for children ages 5 and over. The fingerprinting is used for safety identification and is a free service.
- Child Safety Seat checks can be done at the Fire Department. Please call ahead of time to schedule your car seat safety check so that the appropriate personnel is available to check the safety seat. The number for Station Number 1 is 724-941-4176.
- Police Station Tours are available for groups and individuals by calling the Chief of Police, Chief Grimes, at 724-942-5030.
Body Worn Camera Policy
For over a year, the Peters Township Police Department has been equipped with Body Worn Cameras. View the Body Worn Camera Policy (PDF).